Advanced Manufacturing – Welding
Students will learn basics skills and knowledge related to welding. The students will learn skills and knowledge related to a fabrication process that joins materials, usually metals or thermoplastics. Welding employs pinpointed, localized heat input that can be used in repair or construction of new elements. Topics covered include safe practices as well as skills taught that are needed to produce many different types of welds in a safe environment. This course gives students an introduction to the skill and knowledge base typically required for apprentice welders. Source: TCIDS TN CTE Website
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications (Elective)
- Introduction to Technology
- Welding I
- Welding II
- Manufacturing Practicum & Advanced Welding AWS/ Welding III
- TCAT Dual Enrollment Welding
- Work-Based Learning: Career Practicum
Successful Welding students:
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- enjoy applying math skills in real world situations.
- demonstrate manual dexterity.
- show great hand-eye coordination.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
Colleges and Universities
- Cleveland State Community College
- Northeast State Community College
For Additional Schools in Tennessee: Click Here
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- OSHA 10
- Snap-On Precision Measurement
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Pipe Fitters
- Machine Setting
- Welders, Cutters, and Solderers
- Brazers/ Welding Soldering
- Brazing Machine Setters and Operators
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School