Advanced Manufacturing – Machining Technology
Employees in Manufacturing Production Process Development are responsible for product design and design of the manufacturing process. They work with customers to ensure the manufacturing process produces a product that meets or exceeds customer expectations. They also monitor the manufacturing process and the materials used to manufacture the product. Persons employed in the precision machining field operate machine tools, which shape and form materials to precise dimensions. Literally everything manufactured starts in precision machining, since every manufacturing process uses machining techniques to create its production lines Source: TCIDS
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Technology
- Principals of Machining I
- Principals of Machining II
- Manufacturing Practicum and Machining III
- Work-Based Learning: Career Practicum
Successful Machining students:
- apply higher order math skills in real-world application.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- follow directions.
- enjoy completing problem -solving activities.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- TTC Jackson
- Cleveland State Community College
- Northeast State Community College
For Additional Schools in Tennessee: Click Here
- NIMS: National Institute for Metalworking Skills
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Machine Tool Setters and Operators
- Computer Control Machine Operators
- Tool and Die Makers
- Model Maker
- Mold Maker
- General Machinist
- Off-Line Programmer
WHRE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School