Human Services – Cosmetology
The cosmetology program prepares students for careers in personal care services which assists individuals with personal appearance needs including shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, make-up, cleaning and styling wigs and hairpieces, and providing personal fitness. During the program students will acquire basic skills in theory and practical application. Personal Care Services also includes funeral directors and attendants making arrangements for grieving families. Students completing this program of cosmetology will acquire the necessary hours to transfer to a post-secondary course of study to complete the hours needed to be eligible to take the Tennessee State Board of Cosmetology examination for the Tennessee Cosmetology License. Source: TN CTE Website
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Principles of Cosmetology/ Cosmetology I
- Design Principles of Cosmetology/ Cosmetology II
- Chemistry of Cosmetology/ Cosmetology III
- Work-Based Learning Career Practicum
Successful Cosmetology students:
- learn technical knowledge.
- demonstrate hands on training.
- enjoy helping people look their best and feel good about themselves.
- have a pleasant attitude
- enjoy working one on one with people and have good people skills.
- enjoy being creative.
- enjoy real-world application in working with Science, Math, and English.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- TTC Chattanooga
Colleges and Universities
- UT- Knoxville
For Additional Schools in Tennessee: Click Here
Upon completion and acquisition of 300 hours, students are eligible to take the Tennessee State Board of Cosmetology Shampooing examination for a Shampoo Technician License.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Shampoo Technician
- Natural Hair Care Specialist
- Nail Technician
- Haircolor Specialist
- Funeral Director
- Esthetician/ Skin Care Specialist
- Make-up Artist
- Cosmetic Chemist
- Salon Owner
- Salon/Spa Receptionist
- Retail Specialist
- Product Educator
- Hair Model/ Hand Model
- Film Stylist
- Cosmetology Instructor
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School