Advanced Manufacturing – Mechatronics
Students will learn basic skills and knowledge related to residential and commercial carpentry. Topics covered include wood, metal, and concrete building materials; fasteners; hand and power tools; fabrication based on construction plans; and framing of platform and post-and-beam structures, in both wood and metal. This course gives students an introduction to the skill and knowledge base typically required for apprentice carpenters. Topics covered include stairs, installation and trim of windows and doors, installation and repair of gypsum wallboard, advanced site layout, exterior finish work, thermal and moisture protection, and an introduction to welding. Source: TN CTE Website
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Technology
- Digital Electronics
- Robotics/Mechatronics I
- Maufacturing Practicum (Dual Enrollment)
- Work-Based Learning: Career Practicum
Successful Residential Construction students:
- possess physical agility.
- demonstrate superior hand-eye coordination.
- become fundamental mathematical experts
- develop skillful use of geometry.
- learn to work with a crew.
- display structural aptitude abilities.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- TTC Crossville
Colleges and Universities
- Cleveland State Community College
For Additional Schools in Tennessee: Click Here
What is NCCER?
The Standard for Developing Craft Professionals.
NCCER is a not-for-profit education foundation created to develop standardized construction and maintenance curricula and assessments with portable, nationally-recognized credentials. These credentials include transcripts, certificates and wallet cards that are tracked through NCCER’s National Registry. NCCER develops training in over 60 craft areas, offers over 70 assessment exams and has over 4,000 training locations in the U.S.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Commercial Building Inspector
- Independent Home Inspector
- Jobsite Superintendent
- Residential Construction Educator
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School