Architecture & Construction – CAD/Engineering
Architectural and Engineering Design
Students of drafting and design technology learn to use technical skills to create drawings, plans, and computer models that will be used in constructing a building or manufacturing a product. Computer Aided Drafting is a program in which students learn the basic concepts of scale drawings and orthographic projections by making simple two- and three-dimensional drawings using manual drafting tools and computer-aided drafting (CAD). Students will learn to use a software program to create engineering drawings including architectural, civil or plan drawings, assembly drawings, welding and process drawings, cross sections, 3D representations, bills of materials and schedules. Students with careers in design and pre-construction create our future! Behind every product, building, or process are drawings and models created by someone using the techniques and principles taught in drafting courses. Source: TCIDS and TN CTE Website.
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Architectural & Engineering Design I
- Architectural & Engineering Design II
- Architectural & Engineering Design III
- Engineering Computers (Visual Basics) H
- Engineering Practicum or Work-Based Learning Career Practicum
Successful Computer Aided Design students:
- become confident in technical math skills and geometrical knowledge.
- work well in teams and independently.
- have good hand-eye coordination.
- possess excellent computer skills.
- incorporate mathematical conversions in real-world application.
- display visualization skills.
- must demonstrate organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Incorporate skills for entry into post-secondary programs for TVA, Volkswagen, and Wacker.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- Cleveland State CC
- Chattanooga State Community College (Volkswagen Academy, Wacker Institute)
Colleges and Universities
- UT- Chattanooga
Colleges and Universities
For Additional Schools in Tennessee: Click Here
- Solid Works
- American Drafting and Design Association
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
- Chemical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineer
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Designer
- Urban Planner
- Project Manager
- Manufacturing Manger
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School
Walker Valley High School