Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair
Automotive Technology Education is a program that prepares students for entry-level positions or advanced training in the automotive industry. The courses provide the opportunity for students to acquire marketable skills in brakes, steering and suspension, electrical systems, and engine service. Students develop diagnostic skills in the areas of industry operations. Educational experiences simulate automotive service industry operations through the use of training aids and modules and school-based learning opportunities. Course content prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification. Source: TN CTE website
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Maintenance and Light Repair I
- Maintenance and Light Repair II
- Maintenance and Light Repair III
- Maintenance and Light Repair IV
- TCAT Dual Enrollment Maintenance and Light Repair
- Work-Based Learning: Career Practicum
Successful Automotive Technology students:
- work in teams and individually.
- demonstrate manual dexterity.
- apply reading skills through use of service manuals and diagnostic programs.
- exhibit writing skills during client service consultations
- enjoy working with different forms of transportation.
DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- TTC Athens
- TTC Chattanooga
Colleges and Universities
Snap-on Precision Measurement
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Skills USA: Skills USA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. Skills USA helps each student excel.
- Automotive Service Technicians
- Automotive Service Managers
- Automotive Engineer
- Automotive Parts Sales
- DOT Inspector
- Quality Control Technician
- Service Writer
- Automotive Sales
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School