Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources Veterinary and Animal Science, Horticulture Science, Agricultural Engineering and Applied Technologies, & Environmental and Natural Resource Management.
The mission of Agricultural Education is to prepare and support individuals for careers, build awareness and develop leadership for the food, fiber, and natural resource systems. Whether you have an interest in: food & fiber production, plant & nursery production, agricultural research, or management of natural resource systems, agricultural education can help prepare you for an exciting career! Source: TN CTE Website
PATHWAY CONCENTRATION COURSES & ELECTIVES
- Computer Applications
- Small Animal Care
- Large Animal Science
- Veterinary Science
- Landscaping & Turf Science
- Principles of Plant Science & Hydroculture
- Greenhouse Management
- Principles of Agricultural Mechanics
- Agricultural Power and Equipment
- Agricultural Biosystems and Engineering
- Natural Resource Management
- Work-Based Learning: Career Practicum
Successful Agriculture students:
- diagnose and solve problems in multiple areas of agriculture.
- have the ability the organize and multi-task.
- display leadership and superior speaking skills.
- apply real-world academics in the areas of Science, Chemistry, Genetics, Math, and Geometry.
- are competitive and grow in the area of career development.
- participate in collaborative service-learning and community projects.
- develop confidence and financial management skills.
POST-SECONDARY DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
- Cleveland State CC
- Chattanooga State CC
- Roane State CC
- Walters State CC
Colleges and Universities
- UT- Knoxville
- UT- Chattanooga
- Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency Hunter Education Course
- Pesticide Applicator Certification
- Pork Quality Assurance (PQA)
- Quality Beef Assurance (BQA)
STUDENT ORGANIZATION FFA:
The National FFA Organization (also known as Future Farmers of America) envisions a future in which all agricultural education students will discover their passion in life and build on that insight to chart the course for their educations, career, and personal future. The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education.
- Veterinarian Assistants
- Animal Trainers
- Veterinarian Technician
- Chemical Sales Representative
- Farm, Ranch, Agricultural Managers
- Landscape Management
- Lawn and Turf Grass Manager
- Floral Crop Grower and Marketer
- Nursery Management
- Quality Control Specialist
- Horticulturalist and Manager
- Seed and Bulb Marketer
- Wildlife Manager
- Forest Ranger
- Tree Farming
- Pest Control
- Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Agricultural Sales Representative
- Environmental Specialist
- Environmental Science Teacher Post-Secondary
WHERE IS IT OFFERED?
Bradley Central High School
Walker Valley High School